Axe Elf Helps You Win Your MFL 10 League

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Yeah, maybe it will help dissuade Phicinfan from trying that in the IBL.

First shush, this is open forum. Second, IF and I say IF I were to get Dez and Green, I am positive I can get the ONE solid RB I need to run that lineup. Not a problem.

efactor

Coming at you
Yeah, you only need to start one in IBL so totally different approach. I went WR/TE heavy in FFPC last year and then didn't nail a solid 2nd back. Stiil made the championship game, but it was a struggle all year.

A

Axe Elf

Steven Jackson to team up with Trent Richardson. Morris goes the pick before to elimanate any doubt, but still probably would have gone Jackson due to receptions.

Yeah, and I knew you'd snipe Jackson from me there too, ya bastid!

It is a good start for you--and with Lynch, Morris and Jackson being 3 of the last 4 picks, I would dearly love to pair up Megatron with a WR like Julio or Demaryius here to lead the league in receiving, rather than chasing the league at RB. Still, there are a lot of good drafters in this group (at least 5 that have been in other MFL 10 leagues with me, and then efactor, of course), so I can't count on catching a RB break later through weak drafting, so I'm afraid I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and reach a bit here.

Reggie Bush was the #12 RB in this point system last season, and I think he will do even better in Detroit than he did in Miami--so he gives me my best shot at still having a top 10 RB to go along with Calvin Johnson. The WR/RB start also gives me the most flexibility for my next few picks, without having to chase one position or the other.

I had a Calvin/Jackson start in my other league from the #6 slot--If only it hadn't been you at #7!

A

Axe Elf

First shush, this is open forum. Second, IF and I say IF I were to get Dez and Green, I am positive I can get the ONE solid RB I need to run that lineup. Not a problem.

Who, LeVeon Bell? Good luck with that. Oh right, shush...

Anyway quit trying to dick me over and go accept the Shula League trade.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Just a couple random thoughts.....

1. While the yardage scoring benefits the passers, the TD scoring leans favorably to the rushers....and with best balqb who can pick up some rushing yds and are not int pronecan be ones to keep an eye on.

2. While i understand the lure with someone like blackmon, watch out in these types of leagues from taking too many gamble guys. Depth is key, the less of it you have for large blocks and the less wiggle room you have for random injury. You leave no margin for error. Not saying don't take them, but just watch your balance.

efactor

Coming at you
Axe Elf grabs Demarco Murray at 3.6 and efactor snags Andre Johnson at 3.7.

Although i am trying to resist the temptation of grabbing a QB before round 7, if Rodgers or Brees is still there at 4.6, it may be too much to resist..............

efactor

Coming at you
Just a couple random thoughts.....

1. While the yardage scoring benefits the passers, the TD scoring leans favorably to the rushers....and with best balqb who can pick up some rushing yds and are not int pronecan be ones to keep an eye on.

2. While i understand the lure with someone like blackmon, watch out in these types of leagues from taking too many gamble guys. Depth is key, the less of it you have for large blocks and the less wiggle room you have for random injury. You leave no margin for error. Not saying don't take them, but just watch your balance.

Good to see you around. You been keeping a low profile...............

ExperiencedRookie

Axe Elf grabs Demarco Murray at 3.6 and efactor snags Andre Johnson at 3.7.

Although i am trying to resist the temptation of grabbing a QB before round 7, if Rodgers or Brees is still there at 4.6, it may be too much to resist..............

Are you talking about a MFL l10 league here?

If so, I totally reached on Brees at 2.08 in my first one.

Still learning how people draft in those leagues. QBs fall like crazy

efactor

Coming at you
Are you talking about a MFL l10 league here?

If so, I totally reached on Brees at 2.08 in my first one.

Still learning how people draft in those leagues. QBs fall like crazy

Yeah, they use the exact same system as FFPC (Fantasy Football Players Championship). With as many starters (2 WR, 2 RB, 2 flex and a TE), it's tough to take a QB early.

In FFPC, I really have to discipline myself to NOT take a QB before round 7. Now if Rodgers or Brees is still there in the 4th or5th, then yeah, I might jump, but my teams always seem to be better when I wait.

A

Axe Elf

Brees and Rodgers are gone... You're up!

Kinda liked getting Murray there. Of course health is an issue, but if you prorate the games he WAS healthy last year to a full season, he would have been the #7 RB in this scoring system. So when he IS healthy, he should be putting up RB1 numbers for my team.

efactor

Coming at you
Crap. V Jackson taken the pick before me. I'll take Jordy Nelson and leave you with your boy Bowe.................

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't get the last update on my phone for some reason.............

A

Axe Elf

Thanks for not sniping Dwayne Bowe from me! I kinda thought you'd go with Nicks, if not Bowe, but Jordy Nelson works too.

1.06 Calvin Johnson
2.07 Reggie Bush
3.06 DeMarco Murray
4.07 Dwayne Bowe

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

efactor

Coming at you
Thanks for not sniping Dwayne Bowe from me! I kinda thought you'd go with Nicks, if not Bowe, but Jordy Nelson works too.

1.06 Calvin Johnson
2.07 Reggie Bush
3.06 DeMarco Murray
4.07 Dwayne Bowe

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

I like Nicks, but always hard for me to take him when safer WRs with similar potential are on the board. I know Nelson was hurt last year, but Nicks is always banged up. His knee is supposed to be better, but still concerned about the foot. Those injuries tend to linger.

Richardson
Steven Jackson
Andre
Nelson

A

Axe Elf

So far I'd rather have your RBs and my WRs. It should be interesting...

A

Axe Elf

Oh, a few days. This one is about average. I had one finish in two and a half days, another that lasted more like ten days.

Glad I'm not the Red Elvises--they just took Percy Harvin in the 3rd.

A

Axe Elf

I might add that I have had 3 MFL 10s going at the same time pretty much since I started doing them, so that helps to alleviate the downtime. When one gets to the 19th round or so, I just sign up for another one that starts by the time that one finishes.

efactor

Coming at you
I might add that I have had 3 MFL 10s going at the same time pretty much since I started doing them, so that helps to alleviate the downtime. When one gets to the 19th round or so, I just sign up for another one that starts by the time that one finishes.

I'm officially hooked. Just signed up for my 2nd one.

I get my draft slot for FFPC tomorrow, and this will be so much more helpful than free mocks in getting a feel for where players are falling.

Thanks for the heads up on this....................