K: M. Bryant
Defs: Houston

Thinking of trading:

Felix Jones and A. Boldin for A. Johnson and L. Blount

thoughts?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I see it as a big upgrade at WR but you aren't really hurting there and a downgrade at RB where you have a lot of maybes behind your starters. I don't make that trade.

Fire

in the hole
I hate to go against mud, cause he gives great advice, but I like this trade for you.

Turner and Blount gives you 2 solid backs who get the goal line carries. Not much help in receiving yardage, but a little now and then. I think Starks role will get bigger than Grants as the season rolls along. Addai will be leaned on to help the offense while Manning is gone (the whole Fantasy season most likely).

The addition of AJ to your WR's while subtracting Boldin is a big enough upgrade to offset the loss of Felix.

Besides, with your WR core, you can be known as the man with 3 Johnsons.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
You're right about Starks Fire and sooner rather than later. If you trust Blount to be a solid RB then I can see what you're saying. The three Johnsons are just icing on the cake, lol.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Stick around, I'd imagine Sarge, PhiCin, and RC amongst others will be chiming in. I greatly value all of their opinions.

Fire

in the hole
Stick around, I'd imagine Sarge, PhiCin, and RC amongst others will be chiming in. I greatly value all of their opinions.

Because of the different reactions to the trade from mud and myself, I think it is a pretty fair trade. Could go either way, but trust your gut.

Mud is also right about more opinions probably forthcoming from some smarter FF minds than ours. Good luck.

jjtweeks

I would agree that it is a pretty even trade. I feel you would be getting a better deal but not really what you need. Your wr core is pretty stacked as it is. i think Boldin will have a decent year now that Lee Evans is there even though Evans hasn't made much of an impact yet. Like Fire said you are really getting an upgrade at wr but I feel you could possibly be downgrading at rb when you rb core is not as strong as you would like. I like what everyone is saying about Starks but i really don't see Addai doing much this year. Another possibility is make that trade and then see if anyone in your league is weak in wr and has a top ten RB to trade you for AJ or CJ. Just a thought

cctekguy

Staff member
<SCREEEECH> "Stop the car Jim. I think I'm gonna be sick."

Mud....You bubble headed, Dim-witted, semi bald, flat footed, blonde excuse for a fantasy guru....WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?

Ok....<deep breath>...

Lets pretend for just a moment that the season hasn't started yet. You have a chance to trade your 3rd and 4th round pick for someone elses 1st and 4th round pick.....would you do it?

C'mon. AJ is the wide receiver version of Arian Foster or Chris Johnson. Like jj said...Even if all you did was turn around and trade AJ away he would bring a much better back than Jones or Blount.

Any doubt in making this trade is coming from people who have been grossly swayed by 1 weeks performance...You know the type...The kind of guy that runs out and picks up Cam Newton.

This trade has SOLID value for you poobah and in my opinion you should get on it FAST.

Fire

in the hole
Any doubt in making this trade is coming from people who have been grossly swayed by 1 weeks performance...You know the type...The kind of guy that runs out and picks up Cam Newton.

First of all, that was not me. I just looked to see if he was still available and he wasn't.

Second, who's Jim?

Third, nice way of using draft picks to put the trade in perspective.

Fourth, leave mud alone. Happy Hour started early for him today.

cctekguy

Staff member
Well, Fire, You were so darn nice about disagreeing him I thought I better put a Howard Cosell type "That's The Way It Is" spin on it.

oh....and Jim is my imaginary chauffeure and body guard. Great guy and I can always find him at the bottom of a bottle of Jim Beam.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
You can use draft slots as a gauge to a certain extent, but after a few weeks it becomes a moot point.

First off, you're absolutely getting the best player in the deal in AJ, and that's a big factor in trade eval. Secondly, in a non-PPR, Blount holds much more value than Felix simply because of the TD potential. In a PPR, those 2 guys are fairly even.

If you can convince the other guy to bite, you absolutely have to do this deal, and it's not very close.