NFL News, Rumors, In/Out - post rookie mini-camps

Remote Controller

Aaron's late years are so similar to Favre. Go away
I disagree completely. I hated Rodgers from the very beginning, and cheered for Favre to beat the Pack.....and he did. I'm not saying we weren't fortunate to have him, I just have never been able to handle the person. Favre figuring out how the get to the Vikes was great stuff.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
TEN - Titans signing FA OL Geron Christian
JAC - signs FA WR Austin Trammell, Cut C Jack Anderson
NYG - sign FA DB Tre Herndon
BUF - have signed their whole draft class with signing of first round WR Keon Coleman
MIN - HC O'Connell says Sam Darnold will enter camp as #1
NYG - Daniel Jones is ticked off he wasn't allowed to do full team drills - HC is taking it carefully with the QB
NO - Jimmy Graham is reaching out to the saints to get their view on if he should retire or not

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Ok so the NFL and/or media can never cry about tampering again. Ever.

The Falcons get a slap on the wrist, which was supposed to be this big, bad punishment, and the Eagles gets nothing done to them.

The Falcons on Thursday lost a fifth-round pick in the 2025 draft and fined $250,000.
Oh and the GM got a 50K fine.

FOR TAMPERING WITH 3 PLAYERS!!!

Cousins, Darnell Mooney, and some TE I've never heard of.

Statement from the NFL on the Eagles:

After a thorough review of the Philadelphia Eagles signing of Saquon Barkley, the NFL today informed the club that the investigation did not discover sufficient evidence to support a finding that the Anti-Tampering Policy was violated.

In coming to this conclusion, the league reviewed phone logs, text messages and other documents related to Philadelphia’s free agency strategy and decision to sign Barkley. The NFL also interviewed several members of the organization, including Howie Roseman and Nick Sirianni, as well as Barkley and Penn State head coach James Franklin. As with every review, should new evidence be uncovered, the league may reopen the investigation.

Now does Khan actually care about NFL teams "tampering"?

No you can't tell me it doesn't happen probably daily and I don't care.

But we all remember all the stories that Atlanta was gonna get destroyed by these penalties for just Cousins. Not even adding 2 more lol

Yeah, that 5th round pick will be destructive.

Last edited:

MongerKhan

Staff member
Long-time Pro Bowl DE Calais Campbell, one of the biggest name free agents available, is expected to sign with the Dolphins.

Phicinfan

Administrator
NO - team is trying to restructure contract for Kamara, to get him more money up front. But the fake year for $25 million for next year(no guaranteed so won't get paid) is causing issues. Enough so that Kamara has left camp.
NO - DE Chase Young got a positive report on his neck, so looking better for this year
CLE - Myles Garrett has tweaked his hamstring - but team is not concerned
DEN - signed FA LB Andre Smith
NE - by signing WR Ja'Lynn Polk, Patriots now have all their draft picks signed
BAL - expecting CB Marlon Humphrey to be healthy and ready by Training camp
MIA - has signed all their draft picks now since they just signed Chop Robinson
GB - have all their draft picks signed after signing 1st rd pick Jordan Morgan
TB - with signing of first round pick Graham Barton - they have now signed all their draft picks
DET - Lions have all picks signed as well with signing of 1st rd pick Terrion Arnold
NO - Juwan Johnson TE is having foot surgery, and hopes to be ready by week 1
NYJ - sign FA DL Takk McKinley
NO - restructured contract of Taysom Hill for cap savings - will have an $18 million cap hit next year
CIN - Bengals extended OC Ted Karras to a one year extension

Walter34

I disagree completely. I hated Rodgers from the very beginning, and cheered for Favre to beat the Pack.....and he did. I'm not saying we weren't fortunate to have him, I just have never been able to handle the person. Favre figuring out how the get to the Vikes was great stuff.

I wasn't debating which one was more likeable. I think Favre wins this, which isn't saying a lot 😁 The similarities are
- Both have egos larger than Wisconsin
- Both acted like entitled babies when they were / are old and the team started planning for the next QB
- Off season "look at me" drama in late years of career
- Both went to the Jets in the twilight years and disappointed
- Favre hung on one year too long (41 yrs old), TBD is Rodgers at 41 is doing the same thing
- The football world in general happy to see them finally go

Walter34

Wow. Great deal for a middle of the road QB. Jags are gonna regret this one.
Agreed, I'm surprised by this one as in my opinion, it should have been a tough decision on whether to take the 5th year but they did so and then added this huge contract. He regressed quite a bit in 2023 with 14 INTs and 12 fumbles. Talent but as you say, middle of the road qb so far.

Read that the new deal starts in 2026 so the Jags will still have a "cheap" qb for the next two seasons. But, this also means significant risk for the Jags if he doesn't improve.

MongerKhan

Staff member
SOOOOOOOOO......

The Chiefs were presented with their SB rings last night. They look awesome.

Well...except for one slight issue...

The Dolphins, who the Chiefs beat in the AFC Wild Card Game were the 6th seed but the ring has them listed as the No. 7 seed.

Every. Single. Ring.

I'm literally in tears of laughter 🤣 😂

Phicinfan

Administrator
Agreed, I'm surprised by this one as in my opinion, it should have been a tough decision on whether to take the 5th year but they did so and then added this huge contract. He regressed quite a bit in 2023 with 14 INTs and 12 fumbles. Talent but as you say, middle of the road qb so far.

Read that the new deal starts in 2026 so the Jags will still have a "cheap" qb for the next two seasons. But, this also means significant risk for the Jags if he doesn't improve.
Yeah, but as an Eagles fan I can't wait to see Dallas implode due to not wanting to, or able to pay Dak :D

MongerKhan

Staff member
Kansas City Chiefs defensive lineman Isaiah Buggs has been arrested for the second time in a month after he was booked on a domestic violence/burglary charge in Alabama on Sunday morning and released, according to online records.

Phicinfan

Administrator
CIN - officially confirmed that Tee Higgins has signed his FT tender. Team has til July 15th to get him on a long term deal - not sure they will though
GB - Packers announce start of Training camp is July 22nd
SF - evidently a tik tok got out from Aiyuk to Jayden Daniels that 49ers don't want to sign him long term - I haven't seen it but it is being reported
KC - Training camp starts July 21st
AFC North - in season Hard Knocks will cover the entire AFC North division - oh boy we can see Deshaun Watson fail often :D
TEN - HC says J.C. Latham is ready to start at LOT
PIT - Omar Khan says team could still decide to re-sign Najee Harris to long term deal

MongerKhan

Staff member
NFL considering a QB only salary cap due to the expensive cost of contracts. That would change the game forever