Gruden...Gone!!!

dannywest

Florida Skunk Apes
Tampa has just fired Head Coach Jon Gruden...can't find a link yet but you can catch it on ESPN's ticker!

elrocko

Buh bye bitches!!!!

Finally, Gruden is out in Tampa. I think it came a couple of years too late, but I am extraordinarily pleased with this move.

I can now begin to enjoy Buccaneers football again . . .

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
im really not surprised by this move, but im stunned by the timing of it. i have to think tampa already has a name in place if they make this move, and isnt that tampering of some sort? i dont think this is the last we've heard of this.

and how about gruden to.... the jets maybe?

Coachnorm

Posted by ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas
TAMPA, Fla. -- I'm here at One Buccaneer Place, waiting to talk with Buccaneers' ownership about the firing of coach Jon Gruden and general manager Bruce Allen.
Rumors are swirling everywhere and the one I'm hearing most is that the Bucs will elevate defensive coordinator Raheem Morris to head coach and personnel executive Mark Dominik to general manager. Again, that's all unconfirmed, but it would make sense if the Bucs are going to go with replacements from the inside.
Stay tuned. I'll give you an update after we speak to ownership.

Interesting. Bucs lost DC Monte Kiffen who went to work for his son. Raheem Morris was attracting interest which if both went it might have been disasterous for the Bucs D. Sounds like they may be giving the team to Morris rather than lose him too?

Mike

Administrator
Tampa has just fired Head Coach Jon Gruden...can't find a link yet but you can catch it on ESPN's ticker!

Thanks for the quick heads up on this. I would love for Gruden to be announced as the next head coach in Dallas tomorrow, this is one of the best coaches in the league, as far as I am concerned.

And just an FYI, if you see it on TV, there is no need to post links to verify it. Just tell us where you seen it, and that is more than plenty

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
:wow: How about Gruden back to the Raiders? Wouldn't that be a pip?

Or how about Detroit? Or did they name a coach already...things are moving very fast suddenly.

If KC fires Edwards...KC would look at Gruden as well.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Detroit has a coach.

If Chucky wants a job right away, I think this is the short list:

Kansas City
Dallas

Thanks for the quick heads up on this. I would love for Gruden to be announced as the next head coach in Dallas tomorrow, this is one of the best coaches in the league, as far as I am concerned.
if you have an office, i can see Jason dropping a serious dump on your desk.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
im really not surprised by this move, but im stunned by the timing of it. i have to think tampa already has a name in place if they make this move, and isnt that tampering of some sort? i dont think this is the last we've heard of this.

:stooges:

Orgazmo

Im assuming Raheem Morris is a minority. Guess the met the "Rooney" rule

He is. And the Rooney rule doesn't apply to GMs, so not seeing a problem.

Oh, except for making the Saints defensive coordinator an assistant HC.