RIP Axe Elf

efactor

Coming at you
Robert Lawrence Yost Obituary (2024) - Bonner Springs, KS - Alden-Harrington Funeral Home

Sad to hear. I know a lot of you didn't care for him and in some cases "detested" him, but I enjoyed the half season or so he was on the SO IBL squad. His approach wasn't for everyone, but he had a pretty good sense of humor. Would see him around different boards, the latest was FFT when I would randomly check in for old times sake and to see the really bad takes on that site.

"Listen to the Elf, trophy on the shelf" :(

Walter34

You knew his name? Most of us on the internet boards are mostly anonymous. Over the past 25 years I have been doing this, many I am sure have passed on but they just "stop posting" and you never know what happened.

Board personalities have never bothered me at all, it's entertainment and time wasting. RIP

efactor

Coming at you
You knew his name? Most of us on the internet boards are mostly anonymous. Over the past 25 years I have been doing this, many I am sure have passed on but they just "stop posting" and you never know what happened.

Board personalities have never bothered me at all, it's entertainment and time wasting. RIP
No, I actually just saw this on FFToday when I did my semi-annual log on to get some laughs. Got confirmation on another site that it actually is the Elf.

KillerFins

Staff member
Jesus, RIP. I still don't know if he was serious about some of his takes or just being a troll. My favorite prediction was Tony Banks with the Cowboys being a top QB one year... also said he was quitting FF because of RBBC. I always figured it was just an act, at least mostly. I think the Shut Up and Draft league was spawned by him?

Funny thing is, I hardly ever check in here anymore... so might be kismet?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Jesus, RIP. I still don't know if he was serious about some of his takes or just being a troll. My favorite prediction was Tony Banks with the Cowboys being a top QB one year... also said he was quitting FF because of RBBC. I always figured it was just an act, at least mostly. I think the Shut Up and Draft league was spawned by him?

Funny thing is, I hardly ever check in here anymore... so might be kismet?
No not spawned by him, but we used him as a mascot 🤣